The post was created in 2003 as an Honorarium Office. The role includes the following duties:
• To announce the Mayor at Council meetings.
• To assist the Mayor with their duties, including robing.
• To attend and accompany the Mayor and Council at various civic functions or engagements which occur throughout the year.
• To act as Steward for the Annual General Meeting.
• To assist with the smooth running and hosting of the practical side of all Civic Functions and Events, including the AGM, Civic Sunday, Freedom Parades, Wales in Bloom, Llandudno in Bloom, Miss Alice competition, Town Twinning functions, Fireworks night, Remembrance Sunday, Christmas Parade, and other functions as required.
• To assist with visitors to the Llandudno Town Council e.g. Schools and community/voluntary groups, overseas visitors, other civic dignitaries/eminent persons, representatives from the UK armed Forces (past and present), businesses and individuals.